Do you own Chesterfield County real estate? According to the AAP a swimming pool can keep you cool during the summer heat but it can also be very dangerous for children so taking precautionary steps is essential.
- Never leave your children alone in or near the pool, even for a moment. An adult who knows CPR should actively supervise children at all times.
- Supervise children when in the pool and this means that the adult is within the same area of children at all times.
- Putting up a fence to separate your house from the pool is a must because most young children who drown in pools wander out of the house and fall into the pool. Use gates that self-close and self-latch, with latches higher than your children’s reach.
- Keep rescue equipment and a telephone by the pool.
- Remove all toys from the pool after they are finished playing so children aren’t tempted to reach for them.
- After the children are done swimming, secure the pool so they can’t get back into it.
Remember, teaching your child how to swim DOES NOT mean your child is safe in water. So have some fun this summer and teach your children and family how to stay safe! Remember, we want you around for a long time and these are steps to help keep you and your family having summer fun! If you are searching for your A-May-zing new Chesterfield County real estate with a pool and the safety features, let me know- I’d be happy to help!